Thursday, August 4, 2011

MOC Figs: Ancient Egyptian Troops

I don't think it's been mentioned here before, but I am a rather large fan of the Stargate TV franchises (the movie that started it all is a bit "meh" to me, but I suppose I'm glad that it allowed the TV series to develop). One of the major consequences of this for LEGO is that one of my "Space" themes has a distinctive ancient Egyptian flavour. While by no means composed of Goa'uld and Jaffa, my "Egyptian Troops" (pictured below) probably wouldn't exist without them.



These little fellows were among the figs that I had to replace after the May 30th burglary, and as you can see they have finally been fully restored. Originally, they didn't have black headdresses, but the tan ones from 1383 Curse of the Pharaoh--mostly because they predate the release of Pharaoh's Quest. The new black headdresses look a wee bit sharper, in my opinion, and (even more importantly) were easier and cheaper to amass anew.

And, for those who were wondering, that is a scorpion gun the commander is holding, and those are custom torsos (thanks to Anthony Sava and his articles on Classic-Castle).

No comments:

Post a Comment