Saturday, January 29, 2011

Grandfather's Tale, Chapter IX

Although I've already introduced Grandfather's Tale, my introduction only covered the introduction, and skipped over the eight chapters that I'd finished. I'm going to skip over them completely, because today I finished and uploaded Chapter IX (Brickshelf link to the folder, once it's moderated).

Although I'm sure there's no one reading this blog (yet? ever?) who is also unfamiliar with my LEGO Castle-illustrated epic, but for the sake of completeness, let me recap... just a little. In the last chapter, the Forestman leader, Rebecca Hood, was convinced to lead Princess Anne's company through the Dark Forest, safeguarding their journey against the attacks of the Fright Knights, who want to get their hands on the Princess.

The new chapter begins with this journey...



Here are the rest of the deeplinks:

02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15

I'm not entirely happy with this new chapter, in terms of photography. Part of the problem is that I had a good system going for backgrounds in the Dark Forest, but now that I've move out of the woods, I can't just paint the background with the underside of a green baseplate. This chapter experimented with taking pictures in a LEGO tub to give a smooth blue background, but I don't think I'll stick with it. I'm not sure what I will do, though.

On top of that, I got a new computer for Christmas, and while it was a much needed step, I still haven't adapted to the new programs entirely. The learning curve for the GIMP is kind of steep when the last photo-editing tool you used was ACDSee from ca. 2001.

Still, the story moves along, and it's not a complete wash in terms of pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment